Deadly emergencies, such as a cardiovascular events or a serious head injury, require a check out to the Emergency Department (also frequently referred to as the Emergency clinic (ER) at medical facilities). Urgent Care centers are setup to aid patients with a health problem or injury that does not appear to be life-threatening, however also cannot wait until the next day, or for a medical professional to see them.
For the days and hours that medical care physicians are closed, immediate care centers supply simple access quality healthcare. At most hospitals, the focus on detail and dedication to patient care and satisfaction make sure that clients with immediate medical needs get the very best medical proficiency days, nights, weekends and many holidays.
Immediate care is not a substitute for emergency situation care. In general, an emergency situation condition is one that can permanently threaten the life or impair of a person.
Some examples of conditions that need emergency medical care include:
• Severe chest pain or trouble breathing
• Substance fracture (bone protrudes through skin).
• Convulsions, seizures or loss of awareness.
• Heavy, uncontrollable bleeding.
• Deep knife injuries or gunshot wounds.
• Moderate to severe burns.
• Major head, neck or back injury.
• Extreme abdominal pain.
• (Indicators of) Cardiovascular disease (i.e. chest discomfort lasting longer than two minutes).
• (Indicators of) Stroke (e.g. loss of vision, sudden feeling numb, weakness, slurred speech, or confusion).
Exactly what is considered an urgent medical condition?
Immediate medical conditions are ones that are ruled out emergencies however still need care within 24 hours. Some examples of such conditions include:
• Accidents and falls.
• Strains and sprains.
• Moderate back issues.
• Breathing problems (i.e. moderate to moderate asthma).
• Bleeding/cuts– not bleeding a lot however requiring stitches.
• Diagnostic services, including X-rays and laboratory tests.
• Eye inflammation or Foreign body in eye.
• Throwing up or dehydration.
• Minor broken bones and fractures (i.e. fingers, toes).
Dial 911 immediately for any medical problem that seem deadly.
Appropriate care will be offered at the closest emergency room (ER). If greater care is needed, our personnel will certainly direct patients to the appropriate healthcare service provider, or, if it is a real emergency situation, we will certainly transfer patients directly to a health center emergency space for further treatment.
In cases of a minor injury not in need of clinical care, we offer telephonic nurse triage. There are times when an employee needs a higher level of care and may not realize it, and this service can make a huge difference in getting someone to the appropriate level of care. Many workplace injuries are minor and can be treated with First Aid on site or with Homecare advice such as heat, ice, rest, ibuprofen, etc. As a company, you should not make this determination of care, but rather employ a service for telephonic triage to not only guide injured employees to the appropriate level of care, but also remove the liability for a company as well.